Thursday 11 March 2010

Well done, Sandra...

I haven't seen 'The Blind Side'. I can't say for myself whether I believe Sandra Bullock was a deserving winner of the Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role. I have to say, I was a little shocked when I heard, only because of the level of talent within the category this year, brilliant actresses playing difficult roles in amazing films. I plan on watching 'The Blind Side', because it sounds like it will be fantastic, but until then I will say only this.

Even if, say, it was argued that Sandra Bullock was perhaps not the most deserving nominee, she deserved to win that award simply for the speech she gave upon receiving it. She covered everything that is essential to a good acceptance speech: acknowledging her fellow nominees in a way that was appropriately light hearted and serious at the same time; thanking the people that needed to be thanked and also thanking the people that winners so often forget; and keeping her emotions confined to the end of her speech, in an extremely touching and obviously genuine acknowledgement of what is really important in life.

Watch it HERE.

Perfect. God I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment